Tuesday, September 9

Topsy's Shocking End

Bad news: It's been over a month since I've posted.

Good news: I'll have brand new full-page comics to post over the next few weeks! I've been taking a short-form comics class with Shannon Wheeler (creator of Too Much Coffee Man) and it's gotten me back into drawing on a daily basis. I've learned lots of fun and exciting things, like how to letter a comic.

Our first week's assignment was a historical comic. I have a soft spot for elephants, so I wrote and drew a comic about Topsy, the elephant that Thomas Edison electrocuted in his "War of the Currents" with Tesla.



Topsy's story has been getting around - a whole episode of Bob's Burgers was based on it. Below is the main song from the episode, "Electric Love," covered by Stephin Merritt (of the Magnetic Fields - so many science-y references!) and Kenny Mellman.


No comments:

Post a Comment