Thursday, January 31

A Year of Gnomes: Day Eight

Day Eight: Turn an old book into something new

I am always on the lookout for old books that I can mess around with, so I had lots of choices for this one. I thought it would be fun to make the gnome visit a Mayan pyramid, so I got out my Exacto knife again and cut up an image to make it a pop up picture.

I believe this is a Reader's Digest book about World Mysteries (or something of that nature). I bought it at Goodwill for a dollar.
I cut around different parts of the image and folded them up to make it pop up - there are four different levels to this picture.
You may also notice the tiny gnome I made on the right hand side of the picture, approaching the pyramid. Not correctly proportioned, but if I made it the "right" size he'd be practically invisible.
An additional view.

Materials: Book, Exacto knife, paper, pen, and markers (to make the tiny gnome), tape

This took very little time and turned out way better than I anticipated. Fun times!


No comments:

Post a Comment