Tuesday, January 29

A Year of Gnomes: Day Six

Day Six: Make something using a stencil.

My initial thought was to make something sort of like a chalk outline of a body, like what you might find at a crime scene, but I went with something a bit lighter. Gnome crossing sign!

First I had to use my Exacto knife skills on a piece of Bristol board.
Here's the finished product! Stencil, cut out, and sign.
Another view.
Make way for gnomes!!

Materials used: Bristol board, acrylic paint, artists tape (to create lines around edge and underneath gnome), cardboard (for backing)

I kind of want to make a bunch of these and hang them up in parks at a kid's eye level. Make a little mischief and spread some fun.

However, due to the Portland weather it's going to be a few months before the sun comes back out. For now I'll just hang it up in my room.

Tomorrow: gnome + food (again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment